What Is Shelley Long Net Worth? Her Earnings, Income Sources, Salary
Shelley Long, famous for her portrayal of Diane Chambers on the TV show, Cheers and as DeDe Pritchett in Modern Family has undoubtedly garnered a hefty net worth with her time in the acting industry.
With her massive influence in the Hollywood industry and her iconic and unforgettable roles, it won’t be an overkill to say that the actress has earned enough to last a lifetime without worrying about money.
So how much is Shelley Long’s net worth? Let’s find out!
- Shelley Long has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
- She earned $70,000 per episode during her time with the show, Cheers.
- She bought a house in Pacific Palisades, California, for $3 million, with her ex-husband, Bruce Tyson.
- Her role in Cheers got her three big awards, including the Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy Awards.
Shelley Long’s Net Worth
Shelley has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2023. The actress has garnered her wealth through her successful career as an actor.
On top of acting, she also earned her fortune from her endeavors in producing, writing, and even hosting the show, “Sorting it Out.”
Details on Shelley Long’s Earning
When she was part of the Cheers cast, Shelley earned $70K per episode for her appearance. Her role as Diane in the hit TV show got her the majority of her earnings in her entire career.
The actress also received another of her big check for her appearance in the movie, Troop Beverly Hills, earning $1 million from it, as per sources.
Her second most-known role after Cheers when it comes to TV shows was in the TV series, Modern Family. She was not a regular but whenever she appeared, the actress received thousands of dollars per episode from the series with her portrayal of DeDe Pritchett.
Her Main Income Sources Include Acting and Producing
As expected, the majority of her income came from her work as an actress. Besides her more popular credits, Shelley also earned from the movies, Don’t Tell Her It’s Me, A Message from Holly, The Brady Bunch Movie, and The Brady Bunch in the White House.
The actress also earned a considerable amount of money as a producer from various projects including Zombie Hamlet and Different Flowers.
She earned millions after her production agreement with The Walt Disney Studios which had her producing three films for Walt Disney Pictures and Touchstone Films labels.
She Bought a $3 Million House with Ex-Husband
In 1990, Shelley Long and her ex-husband, Bruce Tyson, bought a house in Pacific Palisades, California, at the rate of $3 million.
The former couple bought the estate from Brian A. Murphy, an architect from Santa Monica. The house had four bedrooms and seven bathrooms, spread out on the half-acre land of 7,000 square feet.
She Is a Multiple Award Winning Actress
The impressive delivery and execution of her roles in movies and TV shows have brought Shelley several awards and nominations.
- In 1982, the actress won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture Made for Television for her role in Cheers.
- For the same role, Shelley won another Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in Television Series – Musical or Comedy.
- The actress also got the Primetime Emmy Award win for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series in 1983.